Turmeric is one of nature’s most powerful healers. It has been shown to treat certain types of cancers, skin diseases, Alzheimers, and obesity.
A relative of the ginger plant, turmeric is native to tropical South Asia due to its need for excessive rain in order to survive.
Turmeric has many health benefits, but its most widely used to treat skin ailments because of anti-bacterial agents. It is also put in tea as a popular gastrointestinal treatment in many parts of Asia.
Why you should use turmeric
Turmeric’s medicinal powers come from the many antioxidants it contains. Most notably, vitamin C, vitamin E and several carotenoids along with an anti-inflammation inhibitor called cyclooxygenase.
When applied directly to your pilonidal cyst, turmeric will subside swelling and ease inflammation, while speeding up the healing process.
Turmeric also contains curcumin, an anti-viral agent which protects the cyst from becoming infected.
How to use turmeric to treat your pilonidal cyst
Always clean the area first with an antibacterial soap before applying.
Make a paste of turmeric and either apply it directly to your pilonidal cyst or saturate a piece of medical gauze and firmly hold it in place with medical tape.
Almost immediately, the turmeric paste goes to work fighting infection and using its many beneficial properties to calm the skin.
It may sting at first, but will quickly dissipate within a few minutes. Keep the paste on your cyst throughout the day and change it right before going to bed at night.
Where to find turmeric
You can find turmeric in all parts of the world. Either in supermarkets or in herbal and health food stores.
There are also convenient turmeric creams, ready to be squeezed out of a tube and applied to your pilonidal cyst.
You can even find turmeric soaps which have amazing benefits for your skin.
Like other remedies you will find on this site, it is also recommended to take turmeric internally to help fight your cyst from the inside out. Rather than trying to eat turmeric everyday, take one of the many turmeric supplements available on the market.
Informative video on the healing powers of turmeric
Some popular turmeric products to consider
For a high quality turmeric paste, try Vicco Turmeric Paste by Vicco. It has a lightweight feel and pleasant odor. Gets absorbed by the skin quickly.
For a turmeric supplement, you can’t go wrong with Curcumin Extract by Now Foods. This supplement has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and is extremely gentle on the body. Contains 120 capsules.
Other uses for turmeric
Turmeric has a wide range of healing properties. It’s well known to be used in these areas:
- Digestive Disorders - Turmeric is considered as a digestive bitter and a carminative. It can be added into foods including rice and bean dishes to improve digestion, reduce gas and bloating.
- Liver Diseases - Turmeric is beneficial for its influence on the liver. It is said to shrink engorged hepatic ducts, so it can be useful to treat liver conditions such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, and jaundice.
- Cancer - Recent scientific research confirm that turmeric can cure host of diseases, also they found that turmeric restrain the growth of various types of cancer. Turmeric is also used for the treatment of skin cancer.
- Menstrual Problems - For women who experience monthly menstrual cramps, try using turmeric extract or supplements twice daily for two weeks prior to expected menstruation. Turmeric is an antispasmodic to smooth muscles so it reduces digestive and menstrual cramping.
- Osteoarthritis - Turmeric may help relieve the symptoms of osteoarthritis because of its ability to reduce pain and disability.
Browse more turmeric products by giving the carousel a spin
Have you used turmeric to treat your pilonidal cyst?
If so, please share your experiences in the comments section below.